I’ve been working on the documentation of the Meta Box plugin and I found that a lot of content is repeated across pages such as the installation guide. I wonder if there’s any WordPress plugin that can help me save those content and let me use them later. So I did some research and here are the top 5 WordPress plugins that can help creating reusable content blocks.
1. Reusable Text Blocks
This plugin creates reusable pieces of content that you can insert into themes, posts, pages & widgets. It creates a new ‘text-blocks’ custom post type with it’s own section in the WordPress admin sidebar. It uses the standard WordPress user interface so you and your clients will know how to use it instantly.
- Stores content in a custom content type
- Provides embedding via function or shortcode
- Provides a widget
- Support template variables
2. Reusable Content & Text Blocks
This plugin allows users to define modular blocks of text/content and place them in pages, posts, sidebars, etc. via shortcodes, widgets or PHP. It uses WordPress custom post type and custom post management to define reusable content blocks. So, it’s easy to use and elegant.
- Allows the use of shortcodes, widgets and PHP to place content blocks into pages, posts, sidebars, widgetised areas or anywhere on your site
- Provides a shortcode generator dialogue box so that shortcodes can be added to posts and pages easily and quickly
- Provides a widget to place content blocks into sidebars and other widgetised areas
- Supports WPBakery’s Visual Composer, Avada’s Fusion Builder, Beaver Builder and SiteOrigin Page Builder which is a huge plus
3. Infuse – Reusable Content Blocks
This plugin lets you create multiple blocks of multimedia content, which you can then add onto specific parts of your WordPress website. For instance, you can use it to add a block of text at the end of every page, or an email subscription form on the header. Each content block makes use of the WordPress visual editor, and is compatible with any kind of media.
The appearance of content blocks can also be customized. You can also control the background color, borders, and even paddings and margins for a more professional look.
- Create individual content blocks and place them anywhere
- Blocks are compatible with shortcodes and embeds
- Insert them without coding: choose one of many specific locations
- Insert them with shortcodes, widgets, or use PHP
- Full control over the appearance of each content block such as background color, borders, etc.
4. Content Blocks
This plugin enables you to edit and display Content Blocks in a sidebar widget or using a shortcode.
- The Custom Post Widget plugin enables users to use the WYSIWYG editor for editing the content and adding images.
- You can even use the featured image functionality to display them in a widget.
- The Custom Post Widget is compatible with the WPML Multi-Language plugin and automatically shows the correct language in the widget area.
- The Content Blocks can be included in posts and pages using the built-in shortcode functionality.
Simple and flexible content management block. Generate [shortcode] for content that will be repeated in various areas of your website. Write once, paste your [shortcode] everywhere you want it to be displayed!
- Easy to use
- Reusable content blocks with a simple [shortcode]
- Paste the [shortcode] to anywhere you want the block content to be displayed.
- Edit your block in one place and it will be updated everywhere you had your [shortcode].