Email marketing is the oldest forms of marketing. As a matter of fact, email was the only reason why people loved the internet. For a majority of web users, the best part of signing into AOL was to know the fact that after few minutes of screeching, they’d be treated with the best message “You’ve got mail!”
Surely, after a few decades, emails became common and web users were treated with unsolicited scams than genuine emails.
But does this mean email marketing is no longer a worthwhile tactic to promote your business and its products? NO!
Email marketing is still as effective as it was a couple of decades ago. In fact, every small-scale to large-scale websites are making use of email marketing to reach out to their target audience and improve their conversions.
Today, in this article, we are going to share some of the best WordPress newsletter plugins to help you grow your email list.
1. MailChimp for WordPress (Free + Premium)
MailChimp for WordPress is one of the best WordPress plugins that incorporates MailChimp API. It helps you add more subscribers to your MailChimp lists using various methods. You can create good looking opt-in forms or integrate with any other form on your site, like your comment, contact or checkout form. The plugin also has shortcodes to insert in a post or a page. You can change the markup of the form and make it the way you want. This way you can style it to match your theme’s style.
- Connect with your MailChimp account in seconds.
- Sign-up forms which are good looking, user-friendly and mobile optimized. You have complete control over the form fields and can send anything you like to MailChimp.
- Seamless integration with the following plugins:
- Default WordPress Comment Form
- Default WordPress Registration Form
- Contact Form 7
- Ninja Forms
- Events Manager
- Easy Digital Downloads
MailChimp for WordPress has a Premium add-on which comes with several additional benefits.
- Multiple forms (with AJAX)
- Advanced MailChimp e-commerce integration for WooCommerce
- Email notifications
- An easy way to style your forms
- Detailed reports & statistics
2. OptinMonster (SaaS – Premium)
OptinMonster is a feature-rich and powerful WordPress plugin for effective email marketing. The plugin comes packed with a wide variety of subscription boxes that can be easily integrated to grab the attention of your visitors. Moreover, OptinMonster can also be used by non-Wordpress websites.
- Comes with Full-page welcome gate
- Has an extremely user-friendly interface
- Requires no technical knowledge and skills to configure and use this plugin
- Comes with smart subscribers recognition
- Offers MonsterLinks that enable your users to click a link to see an opt-in popup form
- Has built-in analytics to help you monitor your results
3. MailChimp Forms WD (Free + Premium)
Take the next step in your email marketing strategy. The plugin allows you to integrate MailChimp with your WordPress website, create multiple opt-in and opt-out forms and start building and managing mailing lists.
WordPress MailChimp plugin is a great way to increase email opt-ins on your website. The plugin allows incorporating embedded forms, popups, top bar and scroll box to your WordPress pages. The MailChimp WD for WordPress will collect and add subscribers to your email marketing lists automatically when a form is submitted.
Features of MailChimp WD plugin:
- Unlimited opt-in and opt-out forms
- Mobile-friendly design
- MailChimp list integration and management
- Captcha fields
- Conditional formatting
- Actions after submissions
- Customizable messages after submission
- Submissions management
- Submissions export (CSV and XML)
- MailChimp lists export (CSV)
- Custom CSS theme
- Drag & Drop
- Block/Unblock IP addresses
The Pro version offers more features:
- 10 customizable themes
- Popup, Toolbar and Scrollbar display options
- Custom Fields
- Custom HTML
- Text input (simple text, email, textarea, address and more)
- Multiple and single choices
- Survey tools
- Time and date
- Select box
- File upload
- Section break
- Page break
- PayPal fields
- PayPal integration
- Customizable form header with animation effects
- Custom Emails
4. Omnisend (Free + Premium)
Omnisend offers a native plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce that allows you to use the full functionality of their omnichannel marketing automation. For those who need to build an email list from scratch, or just boost your already growing list of subscribers, Omniscient offers great capture features. Time-based and exit-intent popups, landing pages, even a Wheel of Fortune, Omnisend offers fantastic ways to build your subscriber base.
However, Omnisend is probably most famous for their marketing automation. You can add email, SMS, web push notifications, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Viber all to the same automation workflow.
With the connection to WooCommerce and Wordpress, your customers, orders, carts, and products will be automatically synced. You’ll be able to send automated campaigns, segment your customers for personalization, and use the rest of Omnisend’s robust features.
- Automation workflows for cart abandonment, browse abandonment, welcome, order confirmation, and any custom workflow you choose
- Integration of email, SMS, web push notifications, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Viber, Google retargeting ads, and Facebook Custom Audiences
- Smart segmentation for precise targeting based on demographics, campaign engagement, and shopping behavior
- Product recommendations and an easy Product Picker that pulls your products from your store into your campaigns
- Email capture features: sign up boxes, popups, interactive Wheel of Fortune, and Landing pages
- Campaign Booster that automatically sends your campaign to those who didn’t open the last campaign
- A/B Testing
- Discount coupons, gift boxes, and scratch cards to make customer rewards fun
- Full sales reporting on the dashboard and for each campaign and automation
- Hundreds of templates for campaigns, sign up forms, automation, etc
5. WP Subscriber Pro (Premium)
WP Subscriber Pro is a premium email marketing WordPress plugin that comes with a variety of features. This plugin also does not require any technical knowledge and skills to configure and install. Simply hit install, activate and you are good to go. WP Subscriber Pro comes with a default theme to help you get started. You can also add a number of animation effects to beautify the subscription form for your visitors to catch their eye.
- Comes with few popup triggers
- Lets you use shortcode to add an opt-in form
- 100% responsive design layout
- Has been optimized for speed
- Integrated Feedburner
- Comes with unlimited colors to choose from
- Super lightweight
6. Pippity Popups (Premium)
Pippity Customized Popups, as the name suggests, displays a popup every time a visitor visits your website. Studies show that popups have better chances of getting email subscriptions when they are integrated appropriately. However, Popups can be annoying too; thus, it is important to handle them with care and customize them according to your users. Pippity Customized Popups enables you to do just that. It comes with a number of configuration options required to make certain that popups are shown in the modest and favorable way to your visitors.
- Comes with step by step guide
- Allows you to choose from more than 20 customizable popup bar and popup themes
- Has a number of animation effects
- Comes with Pippity analytics and A/B testing
- Let’s you see your Popup in real time as you design
- Price: starts at $49 per annum
7. WP-Leads Plugin (Free)
WP-Lead is a great way to encourage your commenters to subscribe to your website. Usually, when a visitor comments on a blog, they are required to enter their personal details such as email address, and name. WP-Leads allows you to hit two targets with one arrow and use this personal information to gather new subscribers. The plugin allows you to add an additional option below the comment form that enables the commenter to the subscriber to your website.
- Built-in visual form builder that is dead simple to use.
- Automatically detect and collect visitor data from any submitted form.
- Track and see what pages your leads visited before converting on your site to gain valuable lead intelligence
- Integrates seamlessly with WordPress Landing Pages and WordPress Calls to Action Plugins
- Easily search, view, and modify lead (contact) information with a bulk lead management tool
- Uses geolocation services to detect additional information on the first-time conversion.
- Sync your leads with a third party CRM like salesforce.com, Zoho or SugarCRM.
- Connect with Zapier to send leads to over 300+ different CRM and Email marketing tools
- Developers: Extend Leads with custom functionality via built-in API
- Integrate with 39+ Email service providers for Email Autoresponder Campaigns
- Integrate with 36+ CRM providers for easy lead management
These are by far the best email marketing WordPress plugins that are popular for one or other reason. You can pick any of them as per your marketing strategy and audience type.
If you have any other useful WordPress plugin for increasing email subscribers, don’t forget to share it with us.
Emma Watson is a WordPress Developer by profession and writer by hobby. She works for Wordsuccor Ltd., one of the best WordPress plugin development company based in the USA. If you also need to hire a plugin developer you can connect with them on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter.